Peanut Butter Spritz
You don't have to be a peanut butter lover to love this exceptional spritz cookie.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together the peanut butter, butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla blending well. Stir in flour mixture until well blended
- Shape dough into 3 rolls to fit cookie gun; cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Use cookie gun to shape dough as desired, following manufacturer's instructions. Place on ungreased baking sheets about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 12 dozen spritz cookies.