Peanut Brittle Bacon Cookies
Sounds odd—but on second thought—the contrasting textures and flavors of creamy peanut butter, crisp smoky bacon and crunchy sweet peanut brittle is a winning combination in an extraordinary cookie.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup peanut brittle, cracked into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups bacon, crisply cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients one cup at a time to the butter mixture, scraping the bowl as needed. Stir in peanut brittle and bacon.
- Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand to about 1-inch in diameter. Bake about 15 minutes or until the edges begin to lightly brown. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.