Peanut Butter-Coconut Cookies
Peanut butter compliments so many flavors, as in this yummy coconut cookie.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and chunky peanut butter; gradually adding brown sugar, beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add to the creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in flaked coconut.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a 1 1/2-inch diameter roll. Wrap in wax paper and chill for 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices and place 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.