Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Kids aren't the only ones that will enjoy these delicious cookies. For variety, try different flavored jams and jellies.
2 cups crunchy natural peanut butter
1 1/2 cups honey
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces jelly, any flavor
- Mix together peanut butter, honey, oil, and vanilla until completely incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture, stirring until it makes a stiff dough. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- When dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a cookie sheet; set aside.
- Form balls of about 2 tablespoons of dough and place them on cookie sheet. Flatten balls lightly with a fork. With your thumb, make a deep impression in the center of each cookie. Fill impressions with a dab of jelly.
- Place cookie sheet on top rack of oven.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes. Be careful not to over bake. Cool cookies before removing from cookie sheet.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.