Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
They may not stick to the roof of your mouth, but these fun treats will be a hit with your family. Put the kids on jelly duty—before they gobble them down.
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup raspberry jelly
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and sugar; beat until smooth. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well mixed. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- When dough has finished chilling, preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Press a deep hole into the center of each ball with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before removing, then fill cookies with evenly divided raspberry jelly.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.