Peanut Butter Blossoms
A creamy, milk chocolate candy Kiss is pressed in the middle of these yummy peanut butter cookies.
48 Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolates
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup Reese's Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/48 of recipe): Calories: 100; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 75mg; Total Carbohydrate: 9g; Sugars: 3g; Calcium: 0mg
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of HersheysCookies.com; through ARA Content.