Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut butter and milk chocolate—winning flavor combination that never gets old.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add half of the sugar and brown sugar; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and blend well. Fold in chocolate chips, gently mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls, roll in remaining sugar and place onto ungreased cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- Using a fork, press the top of each cookie with a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.