Peanut Butter Drops
Sparkling, large-grained coarse sugar tops these chewy peanut butter cookies.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat 2 sheet pans with baking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together brown sugar, butter and peanut butter. Gradually stir in vanilla and egg. Stir in flour mixture and blend well.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared sheet pans, spacing cookies about 2-inches apart.
- Dip the water-dampened bottom of a glass in turbinado sugar and press cookies flat, dipping glass between each pressing. Sprinkle cookies with additional sugar. Using the tines of a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on the top of each cookie.
- Place cookie sheets in preheated oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from sheet pans; transfer to racks to cool completely.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Sugar Association, Inc.