Light green pistachio nuts and dark red dried cranberries make these chocolate drop cookies holiday special. The citrus drizzle puts them over the top.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pistachio nuts, toasted, chopped
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Stir in pistachio nuts and cranberries by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For Citrus Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice in small bowl for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.
Tip: Toasting increases the flavor of nuts and it’s easy to do. Just spread the nuts in a single layer in a baking pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/60 of recipe): Calories: 100 Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 45 mg Carbohydrates: 13 g Dietary Fiber: <1 g Protein: 1 g.