Pistachio Drop Cookies
Everybody will enjoy these deliciously festive frosted pistachio cookies.
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour - divided use
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pistachio nuts
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts for garnish
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and butter until softened and well mixed. Add 1 1/4 cups flour, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, baking soda and vanilla; beat until combined. Stir in remaining cup of flour and pistachio nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks.
- For Frosting: Combine powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl and blend well; stir in up to 2 tablespoons of milk until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spread on cookies. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.