Amazingly, popped corn adds a wonderful, chewy-crunchy texture to these buttery cookies, studded with chocolate chips and pecans.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups popped popcorn, slightly crushed
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla mixing well. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in popcorn, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.