Power Packed Popcorn Cookies
Recipe courtesy of The Popcorn Board.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
3 cups popped popcorn
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1/4 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
1 cup raisins, dried cranberries or other dried fruit, chopped if needed
1/2 cup sunflower seeds or chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup uncooked oats, quick or old-fashioned
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup toasted wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together and add egg and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in flour mixture and wheat germ and oatmeal until well blended. Add coconut, popcorn, raisins and sunflower seeds, if desired, and mix until well blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet, allowing 2-inches between cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on pan 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
Makes 48 cookies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Popcorn Board.