Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Bring these elegant lemon shortbread cookies,
partially dipped in melted white morsels, to a party as a hostess
gift they look beautiful and taste even better! Substitute
the zest and chocolate to create additional tasty variations.
Premier White Lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels - divided use
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Combine flour and salt in small bowl.
Beat butter, sugar, lemon peel and vanilla extract in large mixer
bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1
- Divide dough into 4 even pieces. Gently
shape each piece into an 8 x 1-inch diameter log. Wrap logs tightly
in wax paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Unwrap logs; cut each log with serrated
knife into 16 slices, about 1/2-inch thick. If necessary, reshape
edges of cookies. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until edges
are set. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave remaining 1 cup morsels and
vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl
on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain
some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional
10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Dip top half of cookies into melted morsels.
Scrape off excess against side of bowl. Place on baking sheets.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
Makes 64 cookies.
- For chocolate chip orange cookies, substitute
2 to 3 tablespoons of orange zest for the lemon zest and NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels for the Premier
- Dough logs may be frozen up to 1 month
in advance. Place wrapped logs in plastic freezer storage bags.
Nutritional Information Not Provided.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.