Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Moist, cake-like pumpkin spice cookies with raisins and walnuts.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin purée
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together butter with brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in pumpkin purée.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and clove. Add to butter mixture and beat well to combine. Add raisins and nuts in 2 batches, mixing between additions.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets.
- Bake about 18 minutes, until set, not browned. Transfer to racks to cool.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.