Raisin Peanut Butter Balls
Recipe courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.
2 cups toasted oat cereal*
1 1/2 cups California raisins
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- In large bowl, combine cereal and raisins.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Pour over cereal and raisin mixture; mix well.
- Lightly spray fingers with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop out about 1/3 cup mixture; press into ball. Place on waxed paper.
- Repeat until all mixture is used. Cool completely.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap.
Makes 10 cookies.
*For best results use General Mills Honey Nut Cheerios cereal.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 180; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 37g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 28g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 105mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.