Russian Tea Cakes
A very popular and favorite cookie served during holidays and special events.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, nuts and sugar until the dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until set, but not brown. Remove from the cookie sheet and cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar, let cool. Roll in powdered sugar again.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of GoldMedalFlour.com and BettyCrocker.com; through ARA Content.