Salted Peanut Cookies
Sweet and salty cookies loaded with crunchy salted peanuts.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together shortening, butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in flour mixture just until mixed. Stir in peanuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto non-stick baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of greased glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in tightly sealed container.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.