Salted Peanut Cookies
Sweet and salty—double the peanut pleasure—deliciously crunchy oatmeal cookies.
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, blend together peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Stir flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Add oats and peanuts, mix until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.