Scooter's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Scooter's recipe for chocolate chip cookies is a keeper.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon water
2 large eggs
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and water with an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.