Simple Sesame Cookies
Deliciously simple, thin and crisp sesame cookies made with almonds and coconut.
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sesame seeds
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds*
- In a large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in flour until just combined. Stir in sesame seeds, coconut and almonds.
- Divide dough into thirds. Place one third of dough on a long sheet of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Shape into a roll 2-inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining dough. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place about 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
*Use a food processor or blender to finely chop almonds, almost ground, but not quite.