Snickerdoodle cookies, sparkling with a coat of cinnamon and sugar, are wonderful for the holidays, as well as a great year-round treat for lunches and afternoon snacks.
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl cream together shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a bowl; add to the creamed mixture mixing well.
- Form into 1-inch balls, roll in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed. Cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.