Jumbo-sized peanut butter cookies with a whole fun-sized Snickers® candy bar baked inside the center of each one. Just one word for peanut butter lovers: Irresistible.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter; softened, firmly packed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 Snickers® brand fun-size candy bars
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mixing well. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream together sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla; beating well. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed.
- Shape about 1/3 cup dough smoothly around each candy bar, making sure bar is completely covered. Place 4-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 13 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 10 minutes and transfer from baking sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 10 large cookies.
Tip: For smaller cookies, cut bars in half and reduce baking time accordingly.
Snickers® is the registered trademark of Mars, Incorporated.