Snow-Capped Fudge Cookies
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- In a microwave set on 50% power or in a heavy saucepan set over low heat, melt chocolate. Cool. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar, canola oil, milk, vanilla extract and melted chocolate.
- Set aside 1 egg white, in small mixing bowl. Add yolk and remaining eggs to the chocolate mixture. Beat well.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and add to chocolate mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours, or until dough is easy to handle.
- Clean beaters and beat reserved egg white with electric mixer set on medium speed, until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with your fingers. Top each flattened ball of dough with 1/2 teaspoon of the coconut mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Remove and cool on wire rack.
Makes 36 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 100; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 0g; Sodium: 40mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.