Snow-Topped Chocolate Cookies
These fudgy cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. You could say that they're snow-topped brownies in cookie form.
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
3 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, melt shortening and baking chocolate, stirring often. Set aside to cool.
- Combine eggs, sugar, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add chocolate mixture; blending well. Gradually add flour, stirring until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- Pour powdered sugar into a shallow pan or bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar, coating generously.
- Place 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.