Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft and chewy—for some, this is the only way a peanut butter cookie should be made and served.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 large eggs
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugars and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla and mix at medium speed until well blended. Stir in the flour mixture and until just mixed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. With a wet fork gently press cookies in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until slightly brown along edges.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Store in covered container.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.