Spicy Hot Chocolate Cookies
Try this spicy twist on chocolate chip cookies with a kick of cayenne pepper.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth and light.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cayenne pepper. Gradually mix in to wet ingredients. Beat until just combined and smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts until combined. Scoop cookies into 2-inch balls and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake on the lower rack of the oven until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet while hot and cool on a wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.