Buttery and delicate, spritz cookies are shaped by a decorative tip at the end of the press.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar until light. Beat in egg, egg yolk and lemon extract, mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate dough 30 minutes.
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Fill cookie press with dough. Press cookies onto baking sheet. Bake 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.