The Real Neiman Marcus
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
"An urban myth is a modern folk tale, its origins unknown, its believability enhanced simply by the frequency with which it is repeated. Our signature chocolate chip cookie is the subject of one such myth. If you haven't heard the story, we won't perpetuate it here. If you have, the recipe below should serve to refute it. Copy it, print it out, pass it along to friends and family. It's a terrific recipe. And it's absolutely free." Recipe courtesy Neiman Marcus.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, slightly crushed
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 8 to 10 minutes, or 10 to 12 minutes for a crispier cookie.
Makes 12 to 15 large cookies.
Recipe provided courtesy of Neiman Marcus.