Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Using melted butter gives these chocolate chip cookies a texture like velvet.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture to blend. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.