White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Splendidly scrumptious cookies loaded with creamy white chocolate chips and crunchy macadamia nuts.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups white chocolate chips
1 to 2 cups macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gently stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate and
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a non-stick cookie sheet (or lined with parchment paper) about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden, turning cookie sheet around after 5 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.