Amaretto Raisin Swirl Dessert
Recipe courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.
1 cup California raisins
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Amaretto - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 quart half-and-half
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place raisins, 1/2 cup amaretto and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until excess liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon of amaretto and let cool. Purée in a blender or food processor until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk together half-and-half, sugar, extracts and cinnamon in a large bowl. Transfer to the container of an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove paddle; cover and chill for 30 minutes until mixture is thick but can still be stirred.
- Drop spoonfuls of raisin mixture into ice cream; drag a rubber spatula through mixture to swirl.
- Cover again and place in the freezer for several hours, until very firm, or it may be prepared several days ahead and stored in freezer.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 380; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 8g;Cholesterol: 60mg; Total Carbs: 52g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 49g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 65mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.