Angel Food Strawberry Torte
A cake-mix easy, delight of a strawberry torte.
1 package angel food cake mix*
1 (12-ounce) package frozen strawberries
1 envelope non-dairy topping mix (dry)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Prepare angel food cake mix according to package directions. Cool. Slice into thirds across the cake horizontally.
- Partially thaw frozen strawberries and drain, saving 3/4 cup of the juice.
- Prepare non-dairy topping mix (dry) according to the package directions and mix with the strawberries (reserving 6 strawberries to use as a garnish on the top).
- Spread the topping mixture between the 3 layers.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch with the reserved strawberry juice and cook over medium heat until the mixture boils and begins to thicken.
- Arrange the reserved fruit on the top and drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Refrigerate until the glaze is set.
Makes 12 servings.
*Or, save time and effort and purchase a ready-made angel food tube cake.