Apple-Blueberry Cream Puff Sundaes
An impressive dessert with very little effort—homemade puff pastry filled with vanilla ice cream and an easy apple blueberry sauce.
3/4 cup water
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
2 (12-ounce) packages frozen escalloped apples
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 half-gallon premium vanilla ice cream
- Bring 3/4 cup water and butter to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and salt; beat with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth. Drop batter by 2 rounded tablespoonfuls 3-inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 325°F (160°C), and bake 15 more minutes or until golden.
- Pierce cream puffs with a fork to let steam escape, and cool.
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes. Stir together apples, blueberries, and lemon juice.
- Split cream puffs in half; fill with ice cream, top with apple mixture, and replace pastry top.
Makes 6 servings.