Cinnamon-scented slices of tender, juicy apple topped with crunchy oat streusel.
10 cups sliced tart green apples
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the sliced apples in a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Mix the sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples. Pour the water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.