Apple pie filling, pasta, two types of cheese and a streusel topping team up to make this unique layered apple dessert.
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 (20-ounce) cans apple pie filling
8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Combine cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, sugar, and almond extract in a medium sized bowl. Blend well.
- Spread one can apple pie filling over the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Layer with 1/2 of the lasagna noodles and the cheese mixture. Layer again with noodles and the second can of pie filling.
- Combine flour, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes on wire rack before serving.
- Blending sour cream and 1/3 cup of brown sugar in small bowl until smooth. Cover and chill. Serve warm apple lasagna with a dollop of sweetened sour cream.
Makes 12 servings.