Apple-Pineapple Dessert Pizza
Thanks to a ready-to-use pizza crust, apple pie filling and canned pineapple, this dessert pizza is a snap to make.
1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
1 (15.25-ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (20-ounce) can apple pie filling
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups (6-ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- Press pizza crust into a lightly greased 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F (220°C) for 7 minutes; cool.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Combine pineapple and pie filling.
- Stir together reserved pineapple juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to pineapple mixture. Spoon evenly over crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle over cheese. Top with dried apricots.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
Makes 8 servings.