Apple Berry Crisp
A classic American dessert—especially good served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
5 Golden Delicious or Rome Beauty apples
2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, blueberries, cranberries or raspberries
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup quick rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Butter a 2 to 3-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add apples, berries, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and toss to blend.
- Pour apple-berry mixture into the prepared dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- With pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until it’s crumbly.
- Next stir in the oats.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the apples and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp and golden.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.