Treat your family to this elegant dessert and they will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
3 (12-ounce) packages frozen escalloped apples, defrosted according to package directions
1/2 cup caramel topping for ice cream
1 (15.75-ounce) can vanilla pudding
1/4 cup rum (optional)
1 (10.75-ounce) package pound cake, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 cup non-dairy whipped topping
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons maraschino cherries (optional)
- Combine escalloped apples and caramel topping in a large bowl; stir gently.
- Combine pudding and rum in a small bowl.
- Place half of pound cake slices in a large glass serving bowl.
- Top with half of apple mixture, then half of pudding mixture; repeat layers.
- Spoon whipped topping over pudding; sprinkle with nuts.
- Garnish with cherries, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.