Arroz con Leche with
Tangy Strawberry Sauce and Candied Pecans
Creamy rice pudding topped with a luscious, lemon-scented strawberry sauce and crunchy candied pecans.
Tangy Strawberry Sauce:
5 cups stemmed and chopped fresh strawberries
1/3 cup granulated sugar
Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Arroz con Leche:
6 1/2 cups milk
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup long-grain rice
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- For Tangy Strawberry Sauce: Combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, grated lemon peel and cinnamon in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until strawberries become soft and sauce is thickened. Cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For Candied Pecans: Butter baking sheet or large piece of foil.
- Combine pecans and sugar in medium, heavy-duty skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is melted and pecans are golden brown. Pour from skillet onto prepared baking sheet. Let cool. Break apart before serving.
- For Arroz con Leche: Heat milk and cinnamon sticks in large saucepan over medium-high heat until it reaches a boil; remove cinnamon sticks. Reduce heat to medium-low; add rice. Cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes. Add sweetened condensed milk; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Spoon Arroz con Leche into individual cups. Top with strawberry sauce and candied pecans. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.