Luscious, light-texured, lemon-scented passion fruit cheesecake with a graham cracker crust.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
2 tablespoons passion fruit, crushed
- In a medium bowl blend together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 10 minutes and cool to room temperature before filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese with 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each. Gradually add in flour, grated lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small pre-chilled bowl whip cream until stiff.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold in egg whites and whipped cream into cheese mixture.
- Stir in crushed passion fruit then pour the mixture into prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool, in the oven with the door ajar, to room temperature, then chill.
Makes 12 servings.