Baked Chocolate Cheesecake
A wonderful recipe for a classic baked chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate wafer crumb crust.
1 (8-ounce) package chocolate wafers, coarsely crushed
6 tablespoons butter, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces, melted
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
- For Crust: Butter the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press firmly on bottom and sides of pan. Set aside.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and almond extracts, salt and sugar. Beat until smooth. Blend in cooled, melted chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl and beating well after each. Stir in sour cream. Spoon into crumb crust.
- Bake on lower oven rack at 350°F (175°C) for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from pan. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.