Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Supremely scrumptious banana split layered
ice cream dessert.
Banana Split Supreme
- 3/4 cup butter - divided use
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies,
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened -
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries,
drained and halved
- 3/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter,
sugar, milk and chocolate chips. Bring to a boil over medium
heat; boil and stir for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter;
toss with cookie crumbs. Press into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch
dish. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Arrange banana slices over crust; spread
with 1 quart ice cream. Top with 1 cup of chocolate sauce. Freeze
for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining chocolate sauce.
- Spread the remaining ice cream over dessert;
top with pineapple, cherries and peanuts. Cover and freeze several
hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before
serving. Reheat the chocolate sauce. Cut dessert into squares;
serve with chocolate sauce and a dollop of sweetened whipped
cream, if desired.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.