Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Scrumptious layered banana split ice cream
Banana Split Dessert
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36
2/3 cup butter, melted
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 large bananas
1/2 gallon Neapolitan ice cream
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup (6 ounce package) semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whipping cream
- In a medium bowl combine the graham cracker
crumbs, butter, and sugar. Remove 1/2 cup of mixture; set aside.
Press remaining crumb mixture over the bottom of 15 x 10 x 1-inch
baking pan to form crust.
- Cut bananas crosswise into 1/2-inch slices;
arrange in a layer over the crust.
- Slice ice cream into 9 slices; arrange
on top of banana slices.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top; freeze
until the ice cream is firm.
- In a heavy saucepan combine chocolate
pieces and 1/2 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until
melted. Stir in powdered sugar and evaporated milk; cook until
mixture is thick and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from
heat; stir in vanilla. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over
the frozen mixture; freeze until chocolate layer is firm.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until stiff
peaks form; spread evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with
reserved crumbs. Cover and freeze.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature
about 15 minutes.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk
Marketing Board, Inc.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.