Berry Puzzle Pudding
Serve individual servings of this berry pudding in a puddle of heavy cream and garnish with additional fresh berries.
2 large eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups blueberries or huckleberries
1 1/2 cups raspberries or blackberries
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease a 9 1/2 x 11-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add to the egg/milk mixture, a little at a time, stirring until smooth after each addition.
- Layer the berries evenly in the prepared baking dish. Pour the batter over the fruit. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake until set, about 1 hour. Cool completely on a wire rack and chill.
Makes 6 servings.