Berry Glazed Cheesecake
Luscious cheesecake with a graham cracker crust and a fabulous fresh strawberry glaze.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
2 cups (16 ounces) Wisconsin ricotta cheese or cream-style cottage cheese, drained
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 large egg yolks
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
6 large egg whites
1 pint strawberries
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
- For Crust: Combine crumbs, sugar and butter until well-blended. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan. Chill while preparing filling.
- For Filling: In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and ricotta cheese until smooth; add sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in egg yolks. Gradually blend in flour. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into cheese mixture. Turn into pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 1 1/4 hours; then turn off heat, open oven door and let cool in oven to room temperature. (It is normal for cake to sink slightly in center.) Chill before adding Berry Glaze.
- For Berry Glaze: Mash 1/2 cup of the strawberries. Place in saucepan with sugar, 1/2 cup water and lemon juice; bring to boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add to fruit mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens; remove from heat and cool.
- Top cooled cheesecake with remaining berries; pour glaze over cheesecake.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.