Blueberry Rice Pudding
Baked rice custard cups topped with puréed blueberries and a dollop of whipped cream. Tip: Save a few blueberries for garnish.
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
2 cups half-and-half (light cream)
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Whipped cream for garnish
- Portion 1/4 cup rice into 6 greased custard cups.
- Beat half-and-half, eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- Fill custard cups equally with custard mixture. Place cups in large shallow pan containing 1-inch hot water.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes; then unmold.
- Purée blueberries in food processor or blender.
- Top custard with puréed blueberries; garnish with whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.