Bread pudding may be an old-fashioned dessert, but comfort and good taste never goes out of style!
2 cups half-and-half (light cream)
1 cup heavy cream
8 large eggs
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 slices white bread, crusts trimmed and torn into large chunks
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine half and half, cream, eggs, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and the vanilla; mix well.
- Arrange bread pieces on the bottom of a lightly greased 10 x 12-inch baking pan.
- Pour cream mixture over bread. Allow to soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix cinnamon with 1 teaspoon sugar and sprinkle over; distribute raisins
evenly on top. Cover with baking pan with foil.
- Place baking pan into a larger pan; fill outer pan with hot water halfway up sides of smaller pan.
- Bake 60 to 75 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.