Bread Pudding with Brandy Apricot Sauce
Savor every bite of this comforting, warm bread pudding served with a brandied apricot sauce.
5 cups dry French or white bread with crusts, cubed
3 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups milk
1/3 cup raisins
Brandy Apricot Sauce:
1 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons brandy or orange juice
- For Pudding: Spread bread cubes in 8x8x2-inch pan coated with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, butter and milk. Beat until well mixed. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread, pressing bread down until coated. Let stand 40 minutes, occasionally pressing bread down to soak.
- Bake 50 minutes at 325°F (160°C).
- Bake an additional 10 minutes at 400°F, or until pudding is browned and puffy.
- For Brandy Apricot Sauce: Bring apricot preserves and water to boil. Cook 1 minute. Add brandy and mix. Serve warm over bread pudding. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wheat Foods Council.