Bundt Pan Cheesecake
"This is a delicious treasured family recipe. It's for a cheesecake that is baked in a Bundt pan. It's a smooth, dense cheesecake, much like a New York Deli variety. I hope you can use it and your readers enjoy it." Recipe submitted by Mary Lou.
1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 large eggs
1/4 cup whipping cream
- For Crust: Combine crust ingredients, and press into bottom of 12-cup molded bundt pan.
- For Filling: In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the eggs and cream. Beat until light and fluffy. Scrape bowl occasionally. Add the eggs, and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add cream, and mix well, scraping sides occasionally. Spoon into crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 65 to 75 minutes or until set.
- Cool upright in pan for 30 minutes; then refrigerate 2 hours or longer.
- Invert on serving plate. (Note: warm the pan briefly in hot water to allow the cake to slip out of the pan.)
Makes 8 to 10 generous servings.