Butterfinger® Creme Brulee
Butterfinger® pieces are the surprise ingredient at the bottom of these fun brûlées.
1/4 cup crumbled NESTLE® BUTTERFINGER® Candy Bar - divided use
2 cups heavy whipping cream
10 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Place 1 tablespoon Butterfinger® pieces into each of four 6-ounce custard cups.
- Place cream, 7 tablespoons sugar and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Beat egg yolks in medium bowl; gradually whisk cream mixture into egg yolks. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour cream mixture through a fine sieve into prepared cups. Place cups in 9-inch square baking pan; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch depth. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle each crème brûlée evenly with remaining sugar. Broil until sugar is melted and caramelized. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until caramel has hardened.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.